Domino 7 is unable to start and shows: "PANIC: existing named shared memory region size is too small".Apparently there are several corrupt databases. Your Domino server must have crashed once, before it started to show the out-of-memory errors. What needs to be done:shut down Domino make a back-up of the whole Domino environment make sure that the Domino executables folder is in your path open a Command Prompt window change directory to the Domino data directory run FIXUP on all databases, this is a tool to repair databases, it throws away corrupt documents (they will be restored from a replica on another server when available) example: nfixup names.nsf =E:\Lotus\directory\notes.ini. Or you can use Lotus Notes Repair Kit http://www.lotusnotes.repair/ when done, restart your Domino server Better shut down the Domino server before running the fixup tool or Lotus Notes Repair Kit . It doesn't have anything to do with allocated memory directly, but it removes corrupt documents. These corrupt documents can make the server crash.The fixup tool is in the same directory as the notes.exe file, it's called fixup.exe or nfixup.exe
IBM Lotus Domino provide world-class collaboration capabilities that can be deployed as a core e-mail and enterprise scheduling infrastructure, as a business application platform.
Lotus Domino software and its various client software access options deliver a reliable, security-rich messaging and collaboration environment that helps companies enhance the productivity of their people, streamline business processes, and improve overall business responsiveness.
- Extends messaging with built-in collaboration tools
- Offers flexibility and choice in hardware platform, operating system, directory and client access
- Provides industry leading security features to help safeguard business-critical information
- Helps maintain a low cost of ownership for messaging and collaboration infrastructure by optimizing the use of supporting resources such as CPU, network bandwidth, disk storage, servers, and floor space.
- Maximizes server availability with advanced clustering, transaction logging, server fault recovery, and automated diagnostic tools
- Easy to administrate, requiring a minimal number of support staff to deploy, manage, and upgrade
- Supports Web services and open standards and offers tools for integration with existing applications
- Can contribute to rapid return on investment (ROI) with Lotus Domino software-powered solutions for your business processes, such as Customer Relationship Management, Supply Chain, and Project Tracking
- Security-rich architecture helps protect your vital business data.